We know fall can be a busy time. The days are getting shorter, but activities and social obligations show no signs of slowing down. Meals might need to be fast, but they can still be filling, which is why we’ve rounded up some of our simplest and most straightforward recipes. Read on for 10 of our foolproof recipes to fit in between all your fall festivities:
Five Ingredients or Less
Fewer ingredients means less to shop for and less to prep! These recipes all have five ingredients or less and can be pulled together in no time with some better-for-you shopping shortcuts. Who says simple is boring?
- Make our black bean chicken pizza in a pinch with an Angelic Bakehouse Flatzza, a can of refried black beans, and pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. Top with crumbled goat cheese and pre-washed spinach, and you’ve got dinner in no time!
- Start the day off right with our lazy latkes. With only three ingredients, these are perfect for a quick breakfast or fast family gathering.
- Our butternut squash soup is basically two ingredients, plus pumpkin seeds to top. Buy diced butternut squash to make roasting even easier!
Make Ahead Meals
Another way to make dinner time easier is with meals that can be made ahead of time. Whether that means baking a bigger batch or utilizing a slow cooker, cutting down on prep time is key to keeping up healthy habits at home:
- Meatballs are one of our favorite make-ahead meals because a big batch can be such a life saver. Make and bake a bunch to freeze for future meals in a minute. Try our mushroom mozzarella meatballs, which have added nutrients no one will even notice!
- Soup made in the Crock Pot is the ultimate set it and forget it meal! Our minestrone soup is loaded with nutrient-dense vegetables, flavorful herbs and protein-packed beans.
Build Your Own Options
We love when everyone has the option to build their own! It’s great for groups with different dietary restrictions and taste preferences AND is a great way to increase fruit and vegetable acceptance in little ones:
- These easy pizzas are the fastest way to pizza night and allow everyone to personalize their own! The more veggies offered as toppings, the better.
- Our five minute tacos are another option for topping to your liking. Get creative with leftover grilled or roasted veggies from the night before or try one of our fruit salsa recipes!
- A baked potato bar is definitely a client favorite at FEED! Be sure to eat the skin on your potatoes to get that good fiber!
Pasta in a pinch
Whole wheat pasta is one of our pantry go to’s for a fast dinner that’s fiber-filled. Whole grains like whole wheat are more satiating because the fiber slows down their digestion helping to sustain the energy you gain from them for longer. They also contain protein unlike their refined counterparts. This means you can make a filling and fueling dinner in the time in takes to boil water:
- This Greek yogurt mac and cheese is much more nutrient dense than the boxed version you can buy with 5 g of fiber and 25 g of protein per serving!
- You can make this pea pesto for topping pasta by simply pulsing all the ingredients in your food processor or blender– another protein and fiber-filled plant-based dinner option.