1 lb Ground Turkey Breast (93% lean) or Ground Chicken breast
1/2 Medium Red Bell Pepper, Shredded
1 Large Carrot, Shredded
3 Small Zucchini, Shredded
3 TBSP Prepared Pesto (we love this one from FEED RD Sara Haas)
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Salt
Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place cooling rack on baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Shred zucchini with a hand grater or food processor. Gently squeeze out most of the water with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Add zucchini to a large bowl with the carrots and bell peppers.
- Add in pesto, bread crumbs, and salt.
- Using your hands or large spoon, fold in ground meat and combine with other ingredients. Shape mixture into 2-inch rounds. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until meatballs register 160 degrees on instant read thermometer. Broil an additional 2-3 minutes to brown.
- Serve with your favorite whole-grain pasta or enjoy them on their own!
Amount per Serving