If you are looking for real-world learning opportunities in nutritional counseling or private practice administration or marketing, and have at least 10 hours per week available, consider a volunteer intern position with FEED - Forming Early Eating Decisions.
We are looking for creative, self-starting individuals with a strong passion for pediatric nutrition and healthy eating. Interns can work either locally or digitally, pending availability and interests.
Receive insight into the daily operations of a private practice and the varied tasks dietitians perform behind the scenes, with opportunities for those in the nutrition field to shadow during client meetings.
What to Expect
FEED internships focus on the following areas:
- Event Planning: help to prepare for events, speaking engagements, news appearances
- Recipe Development: help to create new, healthy recipe ideas
- Media Relations: pitch ideas for media outlets for TV, print, blog posts,
- Social Media: pitch content ideas for Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
- Nutrition Research: help keep FEED up to date on the latest peer-reviewed medical findings and nutrition news.
In exchange for your efforts, you receive a hands-on experience in a professional setting, honest and productive feedback and a recommendation letter/professional reference for future internships, school or employment opportunities.
Interested in Applying for an Internship Position with FEED?
Please review the following document before you start the process:
- To the Applicant (PDF Link)
To Get Started
Email Lara Field with the following completed documents:
Thank You For Applying
Lara will review your submission and contact you shortly thereafter.