FEED prides itself in offering customized solutions for real people with unique needs. As such, our pricing is not pre-set, but rather determined and mutually agreed upon in the initial phone call or email exchange you have with us. Talk with your FEED team member about the right plan for you and your family.
Insurance Coverage and Flexible Spending Account Reimbursements
Depending on your insurance coverage and the rules for your healthcare flexible spending account (FSA), you may be able to have your FEED Nutrition Counseling services covered partially or completely by your health insurance plan, and/or be able to pay for FEED services with untaxed funds in your FSA. FEED Nutrition Counseling is an “out of network” provider for all insurance companies. We do not file insurance claims on behalf of our clients, however, we will provide you with the necessary documentation for you to file your claim with your insurance company.
All appointments are considered “fee-for-service," and fees are due at the time of your appointment. We accept cash, check, or credit card (3% processing fee is added to all credit card charges). We also accept FSA cards for our fees. We provide you with a receipt for all services.
Submitting Claims to Insurance for Out-of-Network Providers
If you have health insurance, you may have “out of network” benefits that could cover a percentage of your appointment fees. Contact your insurance company directly to determine if your insurance company will reimburse you for the cost of appointments. We will provide you with the medical superbill when a nutrition-related diagnosis code is provided. You submit this form to your insurance company directly for reimbursement.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits to see a registered dietitian? Provide the following CPT codes: Medical Nutrition Therapy: Initial Session - 97802 and Follow-up Sessions - 97803
- What percentage of the total fee do you cover?
- Is preauthorization from my doctor required in order to submit an out-of-network claim?
- What is the deductible for out-of-network, and how much of the deductible have I already met this year?
- How many nutrition counseling sessions are covered and within what time period do I have to use them?
- What forms do I need to submit to qualify for reimbursement of my nutrition counseling sessions?
FEED asks for at least 24-hour notification for canceled appointments. Failure to cancel with at least 24-hour notice will result in being charged in full. FEED does not offer refunds for any unused portion of paid services. All packaged services must be used within one year from initial appointment.