What’s hot to have in your pantry NOW? Check out Lara’s list of MUST-HAVE items* for your home! Good for your kids, great for your waistline. Learn what to stock on your pantry shelves to ensure healthy choices are always around. Here they are…Drum roll, please!
- Applegate Organics Chicken Breast – No antibiotics, nitrates, nitrites, gluten and casein free.
- Barilla Plus Pasta – multi-grain ingredients including flaxseed, barley, oats lentils and chickpeas makes this pasta a fantastic pantry staple.
- Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk – only 40 calories per serving; great alternative to cow’s milk for those with food allergies, lactose intolerance or just because!
- Cascadian Farm Frozen Fruit – picked and flash frozen, enjoy benefits of berries and stone fruits year-round.
- Chia Seeds – bored with flax seeds? These are even better! No need to grind, just omega-3 goodness.
- Country Choice Organic Old Fashioned Oats – Whole-grain, iron-packed, cholesterol-lowering; fantastic breakfast choice, full of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Littles – rather than French fries, try these; with spinach being the first ingredient, it makes it a better choice.
- EarthGrains 100% Whole Grain Thin Buns – typical buns can provide up to 200 calories. These are fiber rich and 100 calories per bun.
- Eden Organic Canned Beans – BPA-free cans! Beans are a great source of iron, protein and even calcium!
- Eggland’s Best Hard Cooked and Peeled Boiled Eggs – ready to eat; throw in a lunch for an easy protein choice.
- Fiber One Caramel Delight Cereal – fiber rich, lightly sweetened (10g sugar/serving), eat it alone or try it on top of low-fat frozen yogurt!
- Half Naked Popcorn – Microwave popcorn is typically packed with unhealthy oils, try this already popped low-fat option as an alternative.
- Jessica’s Natural Foods Granola – simple ingredients, great tasting and also gluten-free.
- Just Tomatoes Freeze Dried Fruit – rather than dehydrated, freeze-dried preserves shape. Amazing crunch, a great low-cal snack.
- KIND Snacks – nuts, dried fruit, not much more, and gluten-free to boot!
- La Tortilla Factory Low Carb/High Fiber Wraps – 80 calories, 3 g fat, 8 g protein and a whopping 12 g fiber per serving; eggs, low-fat cheese and voilá, a breakfast burrito.
- Lifeway Probugs Keifer Squeeze Yogurt – whole milk-based, fermented milk beverage which yields a boat load of good bacteria.
- Living Harvest Tempt Hemp Milk – Omega-3 containing, vitamin-packed, this is the supreme alternative to milk for those with multiple food allergies.
- Mediterranean Snacks Baked Lentil chips – 3 g of fiber, 4 g protein and just 120 calories makes this the best of other “healthy” chip alternatives.
- Naked Nuggets – your kid addicted to chicken nuggets? Try these un-breaded options instead!
- Seapoint Farms Organic Shelled Edamame – 1 ½ single serving packs, convenient for on the go, great to pack in a lunch box.
- Snyder’s of Hanover Organic Honey Whole Wheat Sticks – 3 g fiber per serving make these a great choice.
- Spectrum Natural Foods Canola Oil Mayonnaise – same taste as regular mayo but better blend of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Stoneyfield Farm Oikos 0% fat Greek Yogurt – can’t say enough about Greek yogurt; more protein = feeling full!
- The Gluten-free Bar (GFB) – all-natural ingredients, delicious, and not-to-mention, Gluten-free! This bar contains as much protein as two eggs!
Check out these products at stores near you. Think about substituting your usual grocery items with some of these! For more product suggestions, contact FEED at www.feednutrition.com!
*Disclosure statement: FEED KIDS, LLC has no financial interest in any of the above products with the exception of those hyperlinked. The noted products were chosen due to their superior nutritional profile and are recommended by Lara Field, MS, RD, CSP, LDN.